Thursday, March 26, 2009

Julia's GREAT NEWS!!

3/26/09

Dear friends & family,
I have got some GREAT news! Today is Thursday, and we will be going to Atlanta on Sunday, but...we got a call from the hospital today. They said that I was not having a bone marrow aspirate on Monday, because I already have less than 5% (leukemia cells) in my body (bone marrow sample). And they also changed the appointment from 12:30 to 10:15. We will only be doing blood draws and medicine through the port.
Love,
Julia

PRAISE THE LORD!!! This is the first step of becoming classified as a rapid responder!! Her next bone marrow aspiration will be on day 29, then we will hear results 7 days after. Those results will determine whether she is a rapid responder!! Thanks again for all of your prayers and we will keep you up to date.

Love,
Sharon & Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Julia,
    I really did enjoy my visit with you today. You looked great and seemed like you were feeling pretty good. The news that you got from the doctor was GREAT. We can all tell and know that God is at workin your illness. God is the GREATEST doctor of them all. Courtney enjoyed getting to see you as well. We love you and we will keep on praying.
    Love
    Mrs. Melanie and Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julia,

    We are so happy for the good news and are thanking God right now for watching over you. We are praying for you everyday.

    Love,
    Jay, Amy, Haley, and Lauren Strickland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia I am so glad you have received wonderful news. I pray daily for you and your parents. My prayer right now is that you are a rapid responder. God is watching over you and your parents. Keep up your wonderful spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon! Mom was at Mr. Guy's office today and he told her about this website. I wanted to send you a note and let you know how glad I am that things are going so well. Susan Kennon had told me the news a couple of weeks ago and you guys have been in my prayers. Mom and I both have been thinking about you and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete